Researcher at the Institute for Organic Synthesis and Photoreactivity (ISOF).
Research interests: theoretical and computational chemistry.
Webmaster of RM@Schools and Il Linguaggio della Ricerca
Alessandra Degli Esposti (1957 – Arezzo, Italy) got her degree in Industrial Chemistry at the University of Bologna (1982, summa cum laude). After a period of study in London (1983) she got her position as a researcher of the Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche (CNR) in Bologna (1984) by the Institute of Molecular Spectroscopy. In 1988-1989 she was granted a research fellowship by NATO to collaborate with H.-J. Werner group in the Theoretische Chemie Department in Bielefeld (Germany).Since 2002 she is a researcher at the Institute for Organic Synthesis and Photoreactivity (ISOF).
She is the author of 56 ISI publications.
- ResearcherID = B-7873-2009
- Scopus Author ID: 7004280361
- Publications in Google Scholar
Nowadays, she is involved in educational projects, particularly as webmaster of:
1. "RM@Schools: Raw MatTERS Ambassador at Schools", funded by the European Institute of Innovation and Technology ( EIT) a body of the European Union, under the Horizon 2020, the EU Framework Program for Research and innovation.
2. "Il linguaggio della Ricerca", and Italian educational project meant to create a link among Research, Schools, and Society, which is running under the umbrella of MIUR.
Her recent scientific interests are chiefly in the field of theoretical investigations of photoinduced processes and electron-hole transport using DFT and TD-DFT methods (Gaussian 09) to study large organic and organometallic molecular systems. Her experience is mainly in the field of molecular electronic, vibrational and rotational spectroscopies. Her scientific background is based on the development and application of quantum mechanical computational methods for the accurate study of small molecular systems and van der Waals complexes (MOLPRO, HIBRIDON).