During my PhD in Physics (Università di Modena e Reggio Emilia) I have installed, calibrated and validated the X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) facility at ISOF.
Currently I manage the XPS surface chemistry analysis facility, I am responsible for the scientific activity and technical maintenance. I am in charge of the electrical characterization of Graphene-based composites and devices insiede the Graphene Faghship project.
My research activity is mainly focused on XPS characterization of Carbon based materials. I am interest in chemical functionalization of aromatic carbon of 2D materials.
I have published an innovative approach on XPS data analysis (PhD thesis, 2017) focused on quantification of the oxygen content in Graphene Based Materials indipendently from thickness and substratess.
R&D Product Engineer, Kemet Electronics Italia, Sasso Marconi (BO).
Junior Research Assistant, ESRF, European Synchrotron Radiation Facility, Grenoble (France)
- Systematic study of the correlation between surface chemistry, conductivity and electrocatalytic properties of graphene oxide nanosheets G. Maccaferri, C. Zanardi, Z.Y. Xia, A. Kovtun, A. Liscio, F. Terzi, V. Palermo, R. Seeber, Carbon, 120 (2017) 165-175
- Cooperative Effect of GO and Glucose on PEDOT:PSS for High VOC and Hysteresis-Free Solution-Processed Perovskite Solar Cells A. Giuri, S. Masi, S. Colella, A. Kovtun, S. Dell'Elce, E. Treossi, A. Liscio, C. Esposito Corcione, A. Rizzo, A. Listorti Advanced Functional Materials, 26 (2016) 6985-6994
- Electrochemical Functionalization of Graphene at the Nanoscale with Self-Assembling Diazonium Salts Z. Xia, F. Leonardi, M. Gobbi, Y. Liu, V. Bellani, A. Liscio, A. Kovtun, R. Li, X. Feng, E. Orgiu, P. Samorì, E. Treossi, V. Palermo ACS Nano, 10 (2016) 7125-7134.
- Evolution of the size and shape of 2D nanosheets during ultrasonic fragmentation A. Liscio, K. Kouroupis-Agalou, X.D. Betriu, A. Kovtun, E. Treossi, N.M. Pugno, G. De Luca, L. Giorgini, V. Palermo 2D Materials, 4 (2017) 025017
- Poly(3-hexylthiophene) Nanoparticles Containing Thiophene-S,S-dioxide: Tuning of Dimensions, Optical and Redox Properties, and Charge Separation under Illumination F. Di Maria, A. Zanelli, A. Liscio, A. Kovtun, E. Salatelli, R. Mazzaro, V. Morandi, G. Bergamini, A. Shaffer, S. Rozen ACS Nano, 11 (2017) 1991-1999.
- Surface Immobilized His-tagged Azurin as a Model Interface for the Investigation of Vectorial Electron Transfer in Biological System S. Casalini, M. Berto, A. Kovtun, A. Operamolla, G. Di Rocco, P. Facci, A. Liscio, G.M. Farinola, M. Borsari, C.A. Bortolotti Electrochimica Acta, 178 (2015) 638-646
- Electrical release of dopamine and levodopa mediated by amphiphilic β-cyclodextrins immobilized on polycrystalline gold G. Foschi, F. Leonardi, A. Scala, F. Biscarini, A. Kovtun, A. Liscio, A. Mazzaglia, S. Casalini Nanoscale, 7 (2015) 20025-20032
- Charge-Injection Organic Gauges to Detect Dopamine Down to the Nanomolar Scale F. Leonardi, S. Casalini, C. Albonetti, A. Kovtun, A. Liscio, F. Biscarini IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 62 (2015) 4251-4257
- Rheological and physical characterization of PEDOT: PSS/graphene oxide nanocomposites for perovskite solar cells A. Giuri, S. Masi, S. Colella, A. Listorti, A. Rizzo, A. Kovtun, S. Dell'Elce, A. Liscio, C. Esposito Corcione Polymer Engineering and Science, (2017).
- Graphene oxide doped polysulfone membrane adsorbers for the removal of organic contaminants from water M. Zambianchi, M. Durso, A. Liscio, E. Treossi, C. Bettini, M.L. Capobianco, A. Aluigi, A. Kovtun, G. Ruani, F. Corticelli, M. Brucale, V. Palermo, M.L. Navacchia, M. Melucci Chemical Engineering Journal, 326 (2017) 130-140
- Exfoliation of Few-Layer Graphene in Volatile Solvents Using Aromatic Perylene Diimide Derivatives as Surfactants A. Liscio, K. Kouroupis-Agalou, A. Kovtun, E. Gebremedhn, M. El Garah, W. Rekab, E. Orgiu, L. Giorgini, P. Samorì, D. Beljonne, V. Palermo ChemPlusChem, 82 (2017) 358-367.